ticker



Friday, June 11, 2010

Cancer

I found out recently that a friend of mine who has been battling cancer got bad news. Her cancer has moved to her bones. I don't know a lot about cancer, but to me that doesn't sound good. I have spent the last 2 days thinking about how this disease really doesn't play fair. My friend is a person who I met on Twitter. She is amazing. She is quite possibly the strongest women I know. Her battle has been a long one. I would think by now there isn't a cancer cell that could come within 50 feet of her without blowing up. But it is in her bones. That still doesn't sound good. I am afraid to even look up that on google. I spent all day yesterday with tears for her, her husband, her dog, her friends, and me. I am still tearing up right now. I can't imagine the day when she isn't out there. I know this is selfish, I know her battle is her choice but why can't we have cures for cancer. Cancer is not new, it has been taking lives as long as there have been lives to take. We cured polio, small pox, and other crazy diseases, why not cancer.


My husband lost both his parents to cancer. My great aunt died of cancer, when she was 16. My other great aunt has had a breast removed to cancer. My uncle is fighting prostate cancer right now. My friends daughter was fighting cancer as a little girl. My other friends granddaughter is fighting cancer now. I have known many in the battle when I was driving shuttle bus and taking people from treatment to treatment. I watched people be devastated by this and I have watched people win.


But it is in her bones.



1 comment:

  1. Missa, HUGS...i know exactly how you feel! I have been thinking the same thoughts the last couple of days. My aunt is fighting it, my gram has it...its all around us. You thoughts about a cure is soo true..y havent they? I wont ever forget the day I met her...oh boy...us 3 were nuts and she still calls me MBB! lol Lets keep our head up and say lots of prayers! love ya girl!!! HUGS Cris

    ReplyDelete